Patient Rights and Responsibilities
1.Right to Receive The Services
• Each person applying to our hospital, regardless of his physical, cognitive and social status/condition has the right to benefit from available diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation services at the highest level.
• The patient has the right to choose his/her physician and/or health institution and change these at any stage of his/her treatment.
• Patient’s medical records are being sent to asked medical institution upon patient’s request.
• Our hospital staff may not provide diagnostic and treatment services which are misleading or which do not comply with the medical practice rules and ethics.
2. The Right to be Treated with Respect and Dignity:
• Our patients are always and in all conditions, entitled to have their tests done and be diagnosed and treated in a kind, compassionate and friendly atmosphere without his/her dignity being compromised.
• None of our hospital staff has right to argue with our patients.
3.Right of Privacy
• Our patients are entitled to refuse to talk to or see any person who does not have any official connection with our institution or who is not directly related with their therapy despite having connection with our institution.
• Our patients have the right to demand to be in an environment which offers sufficient privacy during their meetings with physicians and their examinations,
• Our patients have the right to access their files and receive a copy of their medical file information at every stage of their diagnostic and treatment process.
4.Right to Know the Identity
• Our patients are entitled to know the identities and responsibilities of all staff members that they have contact with at our hospital.
5. Right to be informed:
• Our patients or their legal guardians have the right to be informed about all processes related to their diagnostic workup or treatment, on the possible course of their diseases,
6.Right to Communicate
• Our patients are entitled to ask for a translator in case of being provided and being paid to communicate if he/she does not understand the official spoken language.
7. Right to Consent:
• A patient has the right to consent to the decisions about his/her treatment after being informed in detail about the recovery, serious adverse affect and success rate of the proposed treatment except medical and legal obligations.
• If patient accepts this right, the treatment is considered as accepted.
• If patient participates in clinical trials, experiments and researches; he/or she must be volunteer and written consent is a must.
8.Right to Consultation
- Patient is entitled to hold a consultation with another specialist if he/she demands by herself/himself and accepts to pay the price if necessary
9. Right to Refuse a Treatment Against Medical Advice
- The patient has the right to refuse a treatment against medical advice with written consent.
- If a patient who has refused treatment before applies again to the hospital, he/she has the right to receive the indicated care and treatment.
10.Examination and Treatment Costs:
• A patient have right to inquire the approximate costs of the planned services at our hospital and receives a clear and detailed invoice related to the costs of the services he/she has received.
11. Right to Have Social and Psychological Support:
• Unless it interferes with diagnostic and treatment procedures, our patients have the right to wear their traditional costumes, use symbols of their religion or faith, receive social and psychological support, or have someone to stay with them and entertain visitors by informing their physicians.
12. Patient Complaints
• Our patients have the right to file a complaint, initiate the complaint handling process, have their complaints reviewed, completed and to be informed about the outcome.
• Our patients have the right to resort to the jurisdiction for their legal rights.
13. Healthcare Organization Rules and Practices
• A patient has the right to be informed about the rules and practices of the hospital.
• A patient can request any incorrect, missing or ambiguous information in his/her records at the healthcare organization to be corrected, with his/her final medical and personal condition.
14. Right to Benefit From Religious Services
• The legal representative of a patient has the right to bring in a clergyman to pray or preach according to the religious belief of the patient when needed or when the patient is about to die.
1.To Provide Information
•The patient is responsible for correcting and completing information about their current complaints, their previous diseases, prior hospital admissions, past treatments and medications used, and any other medical information.
2. To Follow Suggestions
• The patient is obliged to follow the recommended treatment plan that is provided by authorized physician as a principle.
• The patient who accepts the treatment plan in the direction of authorized physician, also obliged to accept that the health personnel will carry out the nursing plan.
3. To Refuse Treatment Against Medical Advice
• The patient is responsible for any consequence resulting from their refusal of treatment or non-compliance with a physician’s instructions.
4. Examination and Treatment Costs
• The patient should inform the hospital during application about how and by which organization the healthcare costs will be paid.
• The patient is obliged to make the payment of treatment costs in the period determinated by the organization.
5. Policies and Practices of the Healthcare Institution:
• The patient should follow the policies and practices defined by the health institution about her/his treatment and behavior,
• The patients who do not follow the policies and practices can be removed from the health institution with the offer of physician and the approval of the institution chief.
6. To Respect
• The patient should respect the rights of other patients and hospital staff. (noise, excess visitors etc.)
7.Case Of a Contagious Disease
• The patient who is suspected or diagnosed with contagious disease, indicates that his/her authorized physician sees no harm for him/her to leave hospital and without physician’s permission he/she can not to request to be released due to just causes.
8. Inappropriate Request
• The patient should not request to have a drug or a procedure which is not included in the treatment plan and not approved by the responsible physician.
9. Patients’ Visitor
•Inpatients should have visitors in accordance with the rules defined by the healthcare organization.
• Visitors should not overstay
• Patients should not ask visitors to bring any food or beverage
10.Obligation of Indemnity
- If the patient damages the consumables and fixture of healthcare institution on purpose or by misuse, the damage and loss are indemnified.